Thursday, July 5, 2012

T.R.I.P. Episode 20 - Gremlins and God Particles

Recorded July 4, 2012

Happy independence day! I hope our American listeners had a safe and fun 4th of July. Well, I guess I hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July.

Encountered some really strange technical difficulties tonight. A strange whine kept getting introduced into the signal. I ran noise reduction on the file but it still creeps in a bit. Then there was the dropped audio... I would be talking along, my levels would be fine, then they would drop to almost nothing. I've tried to compensate by boosting the gain on those sections but they still sound strange. None of this, by the way, was reflected in my headphones, which are connected to the mixer output. I wonder if it's my analog to USB interface?


As far as news goes, I discuss jailbreaking my iPad and what jailbreaking is and is not, I talk about the Higgs boson and there is a high probability that everything I say about it is wrong, and how two seemingly harmless events took down major parts of the internet this past weekend.

Tonight's News
Technology Term of the Day:
iOS Jailbreaking

Extra Links (stuff we didn't get to and bizarre references we made)

No comments:

Post a Comment