Saturday, August 4, 2012

T.R.I.P. Episode 24 - Olympic-sized Tangents

Recorded 8/1/2012

First, I would like to say "thank you" to Kevin for not telling me I was overmodulating. I sound like I'm broadcasting from a radio station remote at a car dealership or something. I'm working on some different editing techniques and will be trying out some different recording software so I hope to get the audio locked in so we get the best recording and I will have very little to do in terms of editing.

The operative word for tonight is, "tangent." For instance, we start out talking about the FCC going after Comcast and Verizon (for different reasons) and get into conversations about tethering and spectrum allocation. Don't worry, we make it through the news okay and this is actually (a little) shorter than either of our last two shows.

Tonight's News
Technology Term of the Day:
Firmware - Software that is programmed onto a device itself, providing the necessary instructions for how the device communicates with the other computer hardware.

Extra Links (stuff we didn't get to and bizarre references we made)

No comments:

Post a Comment