Apple's big announcement of the now officially named iPhone 5 was today and we were THERE! No, that's a lie. We weren't there. We were at work where we were supposed to be and, as always, are regurgitating other people's efforts. Thanks, other people, for doing all of the heavy lifting.
Since there was so much in the Apple keynote we decided to devote the entire show to Apple and our humble but certainly not meek opinions about the iPhone 5, the new iPod Touch and Nano, and iTunes. Joe thinks iTunes is still going to suck. Kevin is reserving judgement at this time.
[NOTE: Kevin mentioned that iTunes 10.7 was available but it's not the new version that was announced. That's "coming in October"]
We had a really excellent show going up until the "Hello" chime when Joe's Skype crashed... taking the recording with it. Good thing we hadn't gotten that far but future shows will be double-recorded.
- Washington Post: Apple's 6 product updates
- CNet: A Breakdown of Apple's new products
- Apple announces the new iPod nano, widescreen with Bluetooth
- iPhone 5 Summary
- iPhone 5 camera to feature new Panorama mode
- Opinion: Five Things Apple Needs to Overcome for the iPhone 5 to Succeed
- Apple's new EarPods
- Apple reworks iTunes
- iTunes 10.7 now available for download (this is not the reworked version)
- Apple's new "Lightning" dock connector
- Why Apple's "Lightning" connector is a bad idea
- Why the 30-pin to Lightning Adapter Costs $30
Technology Term of the Day:
Skeuomorphism - taking design or ornamentation from the real world and transposing it to the digital world in an attempt to make a more familiar, relatable, fancy, or fun interface.
Extra Links (stuff we didn't get to and bizarre references we made)