Saturday, August 25, 2012

T.R.I.P Episode 27 - The Trial

Recorded August 24, 2012

Our constant companion Mr. Whine is back. I applied noise reduction to the track but he still sneaks in a little. The good news is that I did some rewiring after the show and I think he's gone for good. I had been using a Behringer U-Control UCA202 audio to USB interface and every time I hit record, Mr. Whine would show up. I tested it on my laptop and it went off without a hitch. The only thing I can figure is that my desktop computer, with all its external devices and wires, creates interference that the UCA picks up. I am now wired directly into the line in of the sound card and I no longer hear the whine when I record.

The big story is the Apple v. Samsung judgement. We don't have a lot of analysis on it but we do talk about some details of the judgement.

Kevin has a new toy! He demonstrates at the top of the show and it's a good thing this is an audio-only podcast (just kidding). Joe has Official TRIP Deathwatch updates. Yes, I said updateS with an S. And we both talk some trash about and give a few props to Microsoft. Be sure to check out the extra links for some jabs at AT&T while you're at it.

Tonight's News
Extra Links (stuff we didn't get to and bizarre references we made)

No comments:

Post a Comment