Today on the TRIPcast we ponder the necessity of wearing pants, Joe uses the word asymptotically, and we discuss Bacon Decorating Month (submit your ideas here), celestial eructations, Kevin's DVR, the relevancy of The Doctors, Bob Newhart, and Crowning Moments of Awesome. And most of that is before we ever get to the news!
- ALPHA CENTAURI HAS A PLANET!
- Microsoft launches Windows 8
- ... with excellent upgrade pricing
- One Windows to Rule Them All
- Is Microsoft About To Unleash A Kraken Of Suck On Consumers?
- The Next Hot Thing We’re All Gonna Want In Our TVs Is Ultra HD
- Apple announced the iPad Mini
- Wired tells us what we need to know about the iPad Mini
- iPad Mini doesn't win the spec war
- iPad Mini screen resolution leaves a bit to be desired
- Apple also announced the 4th generation iPad
- So you can get a 3rd generation iPad at a bargain price
- Approximately half of iPad owners are angry at Apple for releasing the 4th-gen iPad so soon
- Apple is a cult-like religion
- What Happens If You Try To Hold A Board Meeting In The Office Chair Department Of Staples?
- Zynga CEO Mark Pincus: Boston closing, Austin reducing, 5% of full-time staff laid off
- Fun video of the week: Cat gets caught barking
Tropes: Tropes are literary devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés. The word clichéd means "stereotyped and trite."
Extra Links (stuff we didn't get to and bizarre references we made)
- Matt Smith
- David Tennant
- I had no idea he played Barty Crouch Jr. in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire gonna have to watch that again
- Christopher Eccleston
- Karen Gillan
- Dr. Who
- The Silence
- The Weeping Angels
- The Library
- Bob Newhart
- Suzanne Pleshette
- RED digital cinema cameras
- Flavoring for Bacon Decorating Month
- ... that we've actually seen for sale
- Lose the Game FAQ
- "It's all just a dream" on TV Tropes
- "Moment of Awesome" and "Pure Awesomeness" on TV Tropes
- Saturn lets loose a fart
- Super massive black hole belches!
- Why Joe doesn't like "The Cloud"
- Warner Brothers may be ditching their 28 day rental lag
- Is it immoral to own an iPhone 5?