Things are getting back to normal. Joe's PC is back to full functionality. Tonight we have meteors, genetic patents, a practically unserviceable tablet, and ZOMBIES! Plus, Kevin does a mime show. It's really fantastic. Really it is. You'll have to listen to believe it.
- Meteorite explodes over Russia
- And Congress wants to hold a hearing about why we didn't know it was going to happen
- Australian court says genes are patentable
- Administration urges SCOTUS not to hear file sharing appeal
- MS Surface Pro a sticky tablet to repair
- Home Depot says bye-bye Blackberry
- EAS gets hacked with zombie attack alert over Montana television stations
- Watch a coin rolling on a treadmill
- Cool video of the week: A bazooka that shoots ping-pong balls at Mach speed
- Listener link from Carl: No good deed goes unpunished
- Listener link from Carl: Emergency Alert System devices vulnerable to hacker attacks, researchers say
Technology Term of the Day:
- Vaporware: A product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually released nor officially cancelled.
- Amazing Views of the World’s Volcanoes From the International Space Station
- Comedian Chris Hardwick on the Epic Story That Shaped a Generation (Star Wars)
- Verizon FAIL: Verizon FiOS Misplaces My Set-Top Box For 7 Weeks, Expects Me To Pay $350
- Just under $10K for a smartphone? Seriously? It better be pretty damn smart! Dang, it's not even pretty.
- Oscars Poster Commemorates 85 Years of 'Best Picture'
- 'Doctor Who' Discovers a New Dimension: 3D